The Oyster Smack Inn understands that your information is important and in the wrong hands it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms. In order to help you protect your information this notice will explain what information we collect, why we collect it, what we do with it, how long we keep it for, who can access it and what your rights are.
WHAT WE NEED AND WHY WE NEED IT
e-mail address: (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails)
home or work address
billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information for
current and past restaurant reservation details
As part of the booking we gather the following information:
– Your first and last name
– Phone number
- Address (for room bookings and billing)
– Personal requests for the booking
– Time of booking
– Location of restaurant booked
This data is sent to our booking provider, Resdiary, for storage on their database and is accessible by the individuals that can manage and view the reservations at the restaurant that was requested by logging in securely through Resdiary’s or Ezee's portal.
HOW WE USE DATA COLLECTED
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping.
– Send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback).
– Improve our products and services.
– Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
– We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
HOW LONG WE KEEP IT
We will retain your information in cases where you buy a service from us, for the lifecycle of using that service.
For web enquiries we hold data for up to 36 months or until you request us to remove it.
In special circumstances such as ongoing legal proceedings we may be required to retain your data until proceedings allow us to remove your data.
WHO CAN SEE IT
The parties that can access this information are;
The Oyster Smack management and marketing teams.
HOW WE PROTECT IT
For reservations taken via ResDiary.com your data will only be stored in the UK in secure managed data centres.
In order to ensure that this data is kept secure, access is only available to certain individuals with the authority to view such data, employed or contracted by The Oyster Smack Inn through a username and password login via the website, or via the hosting company’s management portal using a username and password that is known only to certain individuals employed or contracted by The Oyster Smack this website.
All data you provide is kept secure and any staff or contractors that handle this data have a commitment and the necessary training to keep private and secure.
We have a number of policies and procedures in place to ensure that data is handled correctly and kept secure and have implement the necessary technical controls to support these.
WE NEED TO COLLECT COOKIE INFORMATION TO
To improve our website and understand how it is used
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
– Request a copy of the data we hold on you. If you wish to do this then please send your request to with subject line subject access request.
– Request that we correct or update the data that we hold on you. If you wish to do this then please send your request to with subject line subject access request.
– Request that we delete the information we hold on you. If you wish to do this, then please send your request to with subject line subject access request.
– If you want to delete your ResDiary.com account you must contact email@example.com. ResDiary do not delete bookings on behalf of restaurants as they are the data controller for their data.
– Request that we keep your data but do not use it. If you wish to do this then please send your request to with subject line subject access request.
– Request that we send a copy of your data to another organization. If you wish to do this then please send your request to with subject line subject access request.
– Object to how we are using data. If you wish to do this then please send your request to with subject line subject access request.
– Raise a compliant with the Information Commissioner’s Office about us. If you wish to do this, then please follow this link:
– Take us or the Information Commissioner’s Office to court.
– Withdraw consent to process your data at any time. If you wish to do this, then please send your request to
ADDITIONALLY, WE MUST INFORM YOU OF THE FOLLOWING
If we suffer a data breach and your data is affected in a way that it poses a risk to your rights and freedoms.
If we carry out your request to correct/update, erase or not use your data.